Employers and workers in construction are used to following safe work practices at their worksites to reduce risks. Preventing the spread of COVID-19 on those sites is presenting additional challenges, especially when it comes to completing tasks that have typically been carried out in close proximity with other workers.
Recommended COVID-19 prevention strategies for construction include:
- Maintaining a safe distance
- Avoiding carpooling to job sites
- Reducing face-to-face meetings
- Taking breaks away from the group
- Regularly cleaning tools and surfaces, and not sharing tools
- Regularly cleaning PPE and vehicles
- Washing hands often
Construction Safety Nova Scotia developed a COVID-19 Toolkit and Resources and shares safe work practices on their website.
Listen to our radio ad focused on new ways to work safely in construction: