As an employer, you can make your workplace safe and healthy. In fact, that is your legal responsibility.
To do that, you should:
- Provide safety training for all employees
- Implement a clear and compliant safety policies
- Fix potential safety hazards
- Ensure employees use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Keep all equipment in good working order
Check out the health and safety legislation to review all your legal responsibilities to keep your business safe. The Office of the Employer Advisor has resources to help, providing assistance with advocacy, advice and training to creaky a safe and healthy workplace.