This award is presented to an organization that demonstrates the implementation of an effective return to work program. An Employer Return to Work Champion may be awarded in each of the four provincial regions (Cape Breton, HRM, South Shore/Valley, Central/ North Shore).
View past winners.
For entry in this category, your submission must show the following:
- Leadership and commitment to return-to-work (RTW).
- A history of claims costs previous to implementing a RTW program and the results after implementation.
- To what extent the RTW program was developed in consultation with workplace parties (eg. employees, unions, JOHS committees, etc.) and, where appropriate, with outside organizations.
- Best practice and positive working relationships with both employees and health care providers.
- Integration of your RTW program into the overall occupational health and safety operations of the company.
- To what extent were employees and/or organizations or other people involved in the development of the health and safety practice(s) in your workplace? How did your employees contribute to this process?
- What effect have these practices had on your business? For example:
- A copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Sections 27 and 28 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (if applicable).
- A photo of posted occupational health and safety materials in your workplace as required under Sections 9(2), 37, 38 and 39 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals and gain further context.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: email@example.com