This award recognizes an individual (safety practitioner or professional or someone with a designated safety role, e.g. OHS Manager, private safety consultant, etc.) who demonstrates real commitment to continuous improvement of workplace health and safety in Nova Scotia.
In general, this award recognizes the very best practice in the prevention of workplace injury and/or leadership in fostering timely and safe return to work, toward a culture of workplace safety in Nova Scotia. This award is the highest safety honour for an individual in Nova Scotia.
View past winners.
For entry in this category, your submission must show the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety:
- The applicant demonstrates impact on a provincial scale to continued, real improvements in the health and safety culture of Nova Scotia.
- Within the workplace, this could entail the systematic management commitment of occupational health and safety (OHS) and injury management (including return-to-work programs), ongoing planning of OHS improvement and evaluation of the program, systematic identification, assessment and control strategies for the organization’s hazards, etc.
- To what extent the occupational health and safety program or initiative was developed in consultation with relevant workplace parties (eg. employees, unions, JOHS committees, etc.) and, where appropriate, with outside organizations.
- How the applicant effected change toward a demonstrated improvement in health and safety in a workplace, workplaces, or the workplace safety culture across Nova Scotia.
- How much potential is there for the broader application across other workplaces and/or across industries
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals and gain further context.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: email@example.com