Important Questions to Ensure Your Kids' Safety
- Are you tired at work?
- What tasks do you normally perform at work?
- Were safety orientation training and rules of the workplace provided?
- Is there a supervisor in or near your work area?
- Does your supervisor provide feedback, including information and advice on how to work safely?
- Do you feel comfortable in reporting concerns to your supervisor?
More specific questions:
- Does your job involve climbing or working at heights?
- Do you lift and carry heavy objects?
- Do you know the proper protective equipment to wear, and do you wear it?
- Do you work with chemicals? Have you had the mandatory training to use them?
- Do you work with any machinery, and have you received proper training for it?
- Would you report any injury you receive to your supervisor immediately?
For help in answering the questions above and for more information, you can visit:
What is the Internal Responsibility System?
Health & Safety Guide for New Retail Workers
Preventing Violence, Robbery and Theft
Various OH&S Publications and Resources