Stats you should know
- 1,310 Nova Scotians were injured seriously enough when they slipped and fell at work last year to require time off to recover.
- Slips, trips and falls were the second most common injury event in 2022.
- Claims in 2022 resulting from a slip, trip or fall on ice totaled $1,075,702 in benefit payments and 8,389 days from work.
- The average cost of benefits for time-loss claims due to a work-related slip, trip, or fall is $7,807.
- On average, each slip, trip and fall injury results in 74 days lost from work.
Here’s the good news: There are many simple steps you can take to help protect you, your employees and customers from a slip, trip or fall. We've compiled these resources to get you started.